Humane Society of Westchester joins the National #GivingTuesday Movement to Encourage Spending with a Purpose.
We have joined #GivingTuesday, a first of its kind effort that will harness the collective power of a unique blend of partners-charities, families, businesses and individuals-to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season. Coinciding with the Thanksgiving Holiday and the kickoff of the holiday shopping season, #GivingTuesday will inspire people to take collaborative action to improve their local communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they support and help create a better world.
Taking place December 1, 2015 — the Tuesday after Thanksgiving — #GivingTuesday will harness the power of social media to create a national moment around the holidays dedicated to GIVING.
We are having a contest on our HSW Facebook page!
Follow our simple steps below to spread the #GivingTuesday message & to join in the fun in the spirit of giving:
- Make a life-saving donation to the Humane Society of Westchester, and then take a selfie with your four-legged friend!
- Post your selfie to your favorite social media platforms, including our HSW Facebook page.
- Remember to use the hashtags #GivingTuesday, #UNselfie and #HSW when sharing your posts!
- Everyone can participate by liking your favorite #UNselfie — the photo with the most likes is the winner!
- The contest ends at 10pm tonight — the winner will be announced on our Facebook page on Wednesday, December 3rd.
To get you inspired, check out these #UNselfies of HSW staff (& volunteer) with a few of our shelter pets!